Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah Recipe

13:13


I had an awesome Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah at Pilah street tonight, thanks to Hasif and Sha. After 3 months staying in Pilah, this is my first time going out to Pekan Pilah during nighttime.

I.can't.believe.it.either.

Anyhoo, Pilah Nasi Lemak is yummy but still can't beat my all time favorite Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah aka Nasi Lemak Kilang (Located in Seksyen 28, Shah Alam, near some factory thus the name). Gosh, talking about it make my jaw drop to the floor drooling already.

I remember, I had a massive craving for Nasi Lemak Kilang during my previous semester break, so I tried to make my own Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah kilang style, but of course it didn't turned out as good as the original Nasi Lemak Kilang.

I was still very happy nevertheless.


My own version of Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah.

So, here is the recipe.

NASI LEMAK

Rice
Onion
Ginger
Pandan Leaves
Coconut milk

First, clean the Rice, Add in the coconut milk ( 1 : 3 , water and coconut milk portion), slice the onion and ginger and put it into the rice cooker together with the rice and coconut milk. Add in the Pandan leaves and let it cook.


SAMBAL IKAN BILIS

Chili Powder / blended chillies
Shrimp paste
Shallots
Garlic
Anchovies Paste (Kiub ikan bilis)
Sugar and Salt
Tamarind juice

Grind the Shallot, garlic, shrimp paste and anchovies paste using pestle and mortar or you can blend using blender. Then saute the grind ingredients until fragrant, add in blended chillies and continue to saute the paste. Then, add in tamarind juice, mix well. Add in salt and sugar for taste.

AYAM BEREMPAH

4 chicken drumsticks/pieces
2 cloves garlic (finely crushed)
5 shallots, pounded
1 inch ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, pounded
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon coriander seed, pounded
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons cornstarch/all purpose flour
Curry leaves
2 tablespoon of oyster sauce
Oil for deep frying

The method used is super simple. First, mix all the dry herb and cornstarch in a bowl and mix them up. Then coat the chicken with the herb, add in oyster sauce,egg and curry leaves. Mix well and deep fry.

Enjoy cooking :)

You Might Also Like

0 red shoes!

Stalkers